I grew this tree from a tiny cutting in the ground. Here it is in Jan 2013
I cleaned the uro and sealed it.
Sept 2013 I dug it out:
I had to fill the pot with stones and put a plastic over that, since the pot was too big
Trimmed it a bit:
It has very long internodes so for now the plan is to create a section with short internodes before proceeding to fatten the branches
There is no point fattening a 1 mm long branch.
It has back budded very well
View from the top.
After trimming it to 1 internode:
Long ctalks were left after the node in case of die back. The long branch is an escape branch.
front, still need to uncover the nebari
O4 10 2014
It was left to grow freely, and was defoliated yesterday. Today I trimmed it. Still some branches need to go but left them as insurance …It had a lots of die back of branches inside dew to no light reaching in.
Lesson learned: Grow 6-8 leaves and cut back.
So far I have used only clip and grow, but after the next trim I will wire it. I carved a number of trunk chopped areas.
To be continued.